With fall ahead of us, this ultimate fondue recipe is perfect for a cozy, shared meal with close friends. This recipe is best enjoyed with our Stags Leap Cabernet Sauvignon as the velvety tannins intertwine with the richness of the cheeses, leaving your palate to enjoy the medley of dark fruit qualities of this elegant wine.
• 4 cups grated cheese – we suggest a mix of emmenthal, gruyere, red witch, and fontina
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 clove garlic, cut in half
• 1 cup Pine Ridge Chardonnay
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 2 cups torn toasted bread
• 1 jar Cornichon
• 3 grilled sausages, sliced into rounds
• 2 cups roasted Brussels sprout halves
• 2 pears
• 2 apples
In a large mixing bowl mix together grated cheeses with cornstarch.
Rub the inside of your fondue pot with 1 cut clove garlic. Pour in wine. Over low fame, heat wine until it is warm and just starting to bubble. Add cheese one handful at a time, stirring regularly in one direction until melted, then continue adding handfuls of cheese until it’s all integrated. You might want to whisk your fondue at this point to get a nice thickened texture. When fondue is creamy, melted, and ready to serve, season with freshly ground black pepper.
Serve warm fondue with toasted bread, cornichon, grilled sausage slices, roasted Brussels sprouts, sliced apples and pear.